Categories
World News

Man dead and teen hospitalised after taking 'dangerous' drug linked to ketamine

A man, 25, has died and a woman, 18, is fighting for her life after both ingested a ‘dangerous and harmful’ drug thought to be linked to ketamine.

Detectives have now launched an investigation into supply of the drug after the two victims were found in Cardiff, South Wales Police confirmed. They have issued a serious warning over the drug, which could contain ‘a cocktail of toxic ingredients’.

Ketamine is an illegal class B drug, which gives users a relaxed, ‘trance-like’ feeling. Being caught with it could result with up to five years in prison, while dealers could be sentenced to 14 years behind bars.

A spokesperson for the police said: ‘We are issuing a warning after an investigation has been launched into the supply of dangerous and harmful drugs – believed to be linked to ketamine – in the Cardiff area.’

They went on: ‘Users of controlled drugs should be aware that they can never be 100% sure of exactly what they are taking.

‘These drugs are illegal and there is every possibility that they may contain a cocktail of toxic ingredients.’

Anyone with information about the ketamine-like drug is urged to contact the police.

Source: Read Full Article